To ensure that work at LANXESS is safe, six general safety rules apply within the group throughout the world, which are aimed at prevention and therefore avoiding accidents. All employees are urged to follow these rules:
- I always take time for safety.
- I pay attention to my safety and that of my colleagues.
- I refuse jobs that I cannot carry out safely.
- I openly say when situations are unsafe.
- I take action when I see a breach of safety regulations.
- I do not give instructions for unsafe actions
These safety rules are the core content of the Xact safety program, which the group initiated globally in 2011 to improve work safety at LANXESS. The program aims to improve safety at work, safety of processes and safety at the plant, as well as to protect health and the environment.
“Especially in Germany, too many employees still doubt that all accidents are avoidable. We want to break down this skepticism and convince our colleagues by means of discussions. It does not matter who caused the accident, whether myself or someone else in the causal chain. Experience from accident follow-up shows: Someone could have influenced the cause of the accident with their conduct or action. Prevention is the key to our road to “zero incidents,” emphasizes Xact Leader Gerd Zelesny.
You can find further information under https://webmagazine.lanxess.com/work-well-but-safely/